Food Recipe | Best Tilapia Fish Taco Recipe – This was better than any fish taco I’ve ever eaten in a restaurant, and believe me I’ve had a lot of them! I’m sure it didn’t hurt that I used fresh from the gulf grouper that my husband caught earlier today, but I think these would be great with any fish. The marinade is absolutely stellar. I just found the recipe today, so didn’t have time to make the creme fraiche, but I made Paula Dean’s remolaude instead, which was great on the tacos. I will be making these as long as I can stand in front of the stove!
Excellent! We loved them, perhaps the best fish taco I’ve ever had. You can marinate the fish for several hours and didn’t use tequila. Instead added a bit of olive oil and juiced the limes as the liquid. Learn more from other Best Shrimp Taco Recipe from food recipe here. Enjoy!
Best Tilapia Fish Taco Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen that have been thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime
- Seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend (see below)
- 12 corn or flour tortillas (soft taco or fajita size)
- Optional toppings: shredded cabbage, sliced jalapeno , salsa, sour cream, avocado, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- If using the seasoning blend in this recipe (or another salt-free seasoning), you may wish to season your fillets with salt and pepper before baking.
Fish tacos are my favorite home-cooked meal! I’m going to try your seasoning — it looks delicious. Probably since I am usually cooking for just two people, I still lightly fry my tortillas one at a time. I heat up a tiny bit of oil with a sprinkle of garlic salt, and then I lightly fry both sides. So tasty!
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Best Tilapia Fish Taco Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.