Food Recipe | California Chicken cafe Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe – This vegetarian pasta salad recipe is ideal for your future potluck or as a straightforward side dish. The broccoli keeps it nice and crunchy plus the chickpeas add protein. For top flavor, combine the pasta salad while using the dressing about 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
California Chicken cafe Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) whole-wheat fusilli
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1¾ cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Mash garlic and salt in a medium bowl with the back of a spoon into a chunky paste. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, oregano and vinegar; whisk until combined.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 264 calories; 6 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 44 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 79 mcg foliate; 14 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 901 IU vitamin A; 25 mg vitamin C; 134 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 450 mg sodium; 365 mg potassium
And that’s all for today’s recipe about California Chicken cafe Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.