Food Recipe | Easy Chicken Breast Tenderloin Recipe – Made the chicken tenders pretty much exactly per the recipe and they turned out perfectly. Really tasty, crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. The next night I used some of the tenders to make the chicken parmigiana. It was very easy to make and turned out really well. I did add a bit of sugar to the marinara to cut the acidic taste and just a few more herbs. I should mention it made a lot of sauce so I ended up freezing some. I wouldn’t say its the best marinara sauce I’ve ever made but it was good and easy and accompanied the chicken very well. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Breast Tenderloin Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fine-ground cornmeal
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 chicken breast tenders (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and egg in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Ways to Riff: • Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces for nuggets. • Use skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips, for richer flavor. • Try the breading on tilapia for homemade fish sticks.
- Make the tenders with Italian style panko bread crumbs, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and honey mustard are great dipping sauce options.
- For extra-crispy tenders, drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter before baking.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Chicken Breast Tenderloin Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.