Food Recipe | Easy Chicken Breast Tenders Recipe – I liked it quite a bit. This is the best tasting and easy to make chicken Piccata. Cooking the lemon first does magic to the chicken. I made it the first time for a dinner party and couldn’t belive how good it was. Definitely do second the call for making extra sauce as others suggested. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Breast Tenders Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 4 chicken breast cutlets* (boneless or small chicken breast halves, slightly flattened)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank’s, Texas Pete, or Tabasco)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or a similar blend; preferably salt-free)
- 1 teaspoon salt (use 1/2 teaspoon if the seasoning contains salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 inch vegetable oil (such as canola or peanut oil)
- In a large bowl whisk the egg with the milk and hot sauce.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the flour, Cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- In a large heavy, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat about 1 inch of oil to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Heat the oven to 200 F if serving will be delayed for a short time or if you are doubling the recipe and must cook in batches.
- When the oil is hot, dip a chicken cutlet (or flattened small chicken breast half) in the egg and milk mixture. Let excess drip off, then coat with the flour mixture.
- Carefully lower the coated chicken into the hot oil. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Fry the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Drain the chicken on layers of paper towel or brown paper bags.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a large baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° F oven or warming drawer.
This recipe could also be made with chicken tenders. Use about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds for 4 servings.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Chicken Breast Tenders Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.