Food Recipe | Easy Ground Beef and White Rice Recipe – This recipe was delicious! The whole family enjoyed it and I loved how quick and easy it was to get on the dinner table. Next time I will be adding broccoli or peppers and onions to the mix (added some broccoli). Had almost half of it left so I broke up (into large pieces) 2 pkgs. of Maruchan oriental flavored ramen, boiling them in 3 cups (instead of 4) of water in a large saucepan for the required 3 minutes. Didn’t have to drain any excess liquid. Added both packets of its seasoning and then mixed in the Korean beef which I had gently reheated in the microwave. Made a great, slightly different, 2nd meal as well. I did the ramen because my son doesn’t like reheated white rice. Also, you might be able to get by only using 1 pkt. of the seasoning but I found 2 worked well. Enjoy!
Easy Ground Beef and White Rice Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 15 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Ground Beef and White Rice Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.