Food Recipe | Easy Healthy Sugar Cookie Recipe – Wonderful cookie! These where a hit with everyone who tried them! I did have to pat them down also and I put colored sugar on them for Christmas. I substituted 1 1/2 tsp baking powder for the baking soda and cream of tartar. They turned out crispy on the outside and soft & chewing on the inside. Yum! Enjoy!
Easy Healthy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 45 Minutes
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, honey, lemon zest, orange zest and lemon extract, and beat until blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Roll the dough into 36 balls (about 2 level teaspoons each) with your hands.
- Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, one batch at a time, until puffed and beginning to crack, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To soften butter, let stand at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. Or cut into small pieces and let stand for about 15 minutes. (Do not soften in a microwave—the uneven heat may melt the butter in spots.)
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Healthy Sugar Cookie Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.