Food Recipe | Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe – This was ungodly delicious! I made this exactly as stated except for adding a little more garlic, because I am a garlic fiend. I served it over spaghetti squash. My only complaint is that it should state “1 serving” as I could have finished the whole thing off myself. I made this in a cast iron pan which gave the shrimp a nice little crust. Don’t skip the caper brine; it gives the dish a nice depth of flavor! Enjoy!
Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- 1 pound large shrimps
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, stemmed and minced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 salted egg yolks, mashed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Trim tendrils of shrimps and wash under cold water. In a colander, drain very well (this is important as you don’t want a lot of liquid in the dish).
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat butter and oil. When butter begins to melt, Add shallots, garlic and chili peppers. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 minute or until limp and aromatic.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk and bring to a simmer (Do NOT allows to boil as the milk will separate. Add salted egg yolks and continue to cook, mashing yolks with back of spoon, for about 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add sugar and season with salt to taste.
- Add shrimps and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimps changes color to pink and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Tip: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Salted Shrimp Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.