Food Recipe | Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe – We just made this shrimp and scallop Alfredo for our last night dinner, and it was delicious. We don’t use butter so we substituted olive oil. Instead of shrimp we used squid with scallops. We also roasted some Italian broccoli and added it with the basil. We did not reduce the sauce very long as we wanted to maintain the moisture. At the end, with the parsley, we added a sparse sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a tiny bit of tang. Enjoy!
Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound linguine
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 large sea scallops, tough foot muscles removed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the shrimp and scallops dry, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to the pan and cook the shrimp until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add half of the garlic; cook until the garlic is fragrant but the shrimp are still translucent, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the scallops, add the remaining garlic and cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sauce is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan, then add the basil and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss with the shrimp, scallops and sauce; garnish with parsley and lemon.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.