Food Recipe | Easy Shrimp Linguini Alfredo Recipe – Very rarely do i make a dish and immediately come upstairs to review it! I thought this was excellent! I felt like i was at a great seafood or Italian place. That being said i did make a few minor changes per other reviews suggestions and a few of my own to cut down the fat and calories. I did double the sauce but I only used half the amount of butter and used fat free half and half. To make sure it thickened i made a rou by adding flour to the butter, and then slowly added the half and half. I used jumbo shrimp and cooked them with butter, onions and garlic and then removed them slightly undercooked and added them back to the sauce the last minute or so. I also salted the sauce to taste. Served over whole wheat linguine with asparagus on the side. It was still rich and creamy; you really won’t miss the fat at all! I will be adding this to the menu rotation for sure. Enjoy!
Easy Shrimp Linguini Alfredo Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 20 Minutes
- ¾ lb fettuccine or penne pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- S&P to taste
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Parsley or basil for garnish if desired
- Cook ¾ lb fettuccini noodles in salted water according to package instructions and drain. Don’t rinse (this helps the sauce stick to the noodles better).
- Lightly season shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika. Preheat a large skillet to med/high and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and cook 1-2 min per side or just until fully cooked and no longer translucent. They should be golden/pink on the outside and opaque white on the inside. Don’t over-do it or they will be rubbery. Remove shrimp to a separate bowl.
- In same pan, over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp butter and onion and sauté onion till golden. Stir in garlic and sauté another minute. Stir in ⅓ cup white wine and reduce to 25% scraping the bottom to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in Cream and simmer for 2 min. Next, sprinkle the top with ⅓ cup parmesan (or add to taste) and stir just until creamy and smooth and remove from heat. Don’t boil or the cheese will separate from the cream. Add about ¼ tsp paprika and season with S&P to taste.
- Add the cooked shrimp and drained (un-rinsed pasta). Garnish with parsley, basil, extra parmesan or freshly cracked pepper if desired.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Shrimp Linguini Alfredo Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.