Food Recipe | Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe – Everyone loved it! I used leftover bottled spaghetti sauce, and added ketchup, garlic and onion powder, and freshly chopped tomatoes. unfortunately i chose tortillas that were overly salty, so when i make it again i’ll choose a chip that has less salt content. Enjoy!
Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 12 Minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 8 oz tortilla chips
- 1-1½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 6-8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Fresh minced cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 and rub a 10-inch cast iron skillet with some oil. (You can also use a sheet pan instead of a skillet. You will want to rub the sheet pan with oil too, so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the pan.)
- In a bowl, combine shrimp with lime juice, honey, salt, and chipotle chili powder. Mix well and let it sit while preheating the pan.
- Heat up a cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and quickly sear them on both sides until just done. Take shrimp out of the pan and set aside.
- Spread half the chips all over the skillet, evenly. Sprinkle some chipotle chili powder over the chips.
- Spread half the sliced jalapenos over the chips.
- Grate Monterrey Jack cheese and spread half the cheese over the chips. Spread half of the queso fresco crumbles over the grated cheese.
- Spread half of the shrimp over the cheeses.
- Repeat the layers with chips, chipotle chili powder, jalapenos, and cheeses.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle some fresh, minced cilantro over the cooked nachos. (You can also sprinkle some more queso fresco crumbles over the top.)
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Shrimp Nacho Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.