Food Recipe | Easy Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – I made these for a group of teenage girls who all said that these were great. My friend who helped me make them even wanted this recipe to replace here usual recipe. I thought they were pretty good. But unfortunately I really like a more buttery flavored cookie than these were. I did use butter flavored Crisco but it didn’t take the lack of butter away. These cookies are nice and soft. I do like having more brown sugar than white sugar, I like the flavor better. When I make these again I will probably modify it a bit and add both shortening and butter (only a 1/3 or 1/4 of what it calls for will be butter until I find the right mix for me) this will hopefully give me the butter flavor I like and still keep them softness that I also like. I have now made it with regular Crisco, the flavor isn’t all that. Plus make sure the Crisco hasn’t be sitting around the house too long, that will make the flavor even worse!!! Enjoy!
Easy Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 8 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a light-colored baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 20 seconds.
- Add the sugars, and beat for about 30 seconds. The mixture will turn a pale color and be fluffy.
- Next, add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the butter mixture, and beat just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 12 dough balls, and space them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing the cookies from the oven when the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to a wire rack to cool.
To measure using the Spoon and Sweep Method, spoon flour into your measuring cup and sweep excess off with the flat of a knife. This will give you the most accurate measurement next to weighing
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.