Food Recipe | Easy Small Lasagna Recipe for Two – Delicious! I made this last week, and I was surprised how good it was considering that it did not take long to cook at all! The only thing I would recommend is to add a bit more cheeses…I ran short. Making it again this week! Enjoy!
Easy Small Lasagna Recipe for Two
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 35 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces meatloaf mix (or 4 oz each of ground beef & ground pork)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Filling and Noodles
- 4 ounces (½ cup) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- 4 no-boil oven-ready wide flat lasagna noodles (Barilla brand)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and add onion with a pinch of salt. Sweat for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in meatloaf mix, and break it up with a wooden spoon. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, for about 2 minutes. Stir in cream, diced tomatoes with their juice, and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Don’t season too much or overall lasagna will be too salty.
- Combine ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan, and egg together. Sprinkle in a little pepper and mix. To assemble the lasagna, spread ½ cup of meat sauce over bottom of a loaf pan. Spread ⅓ of the ricotta mixture on top of 1 noodle, and lay on top of sauce. Sprinkle on ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, and a little more sauce. Repeat this layering 2 more times, making sure you end up with enough meat sauce and mozzarella cheese for the top layer. When you lay the last noodle down, you will have no more ricotta mixture left. Place the remaining sauce on top of the dry noodle. Mix together the remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top of the sauce.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 25-30 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and the sauce is bubbly around the edges. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is lightly brown in spots, for an additional 10 minutes or so. Let cool for 5-10 minutes out of the oven to let it set a little more before cutting into it.
For this recipe, I highly recommend Barilla brand oven ready noodles because they’re thin and fit perfectly in a loaf pan. Other brands tend to be thicker and some don’t fit in the pan. If you grate your mozzarella cheese from a block yourself, the results will be more gooey and stringy, rather than when you use pre-shredded cheese.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Small Lasagna Recipe for Two, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.