Food Recipe | Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe – This is a good, simple meal to prepare on a weeknight! For those of you wanting to give it a little more jazz, season the meat with chipotle seasoning and chili powder. I get a little agressive on the seasoning side, but I have learned to give the meat that extra kick in order to get over the blandness and turn this into a good, easy meal! Enjoy!
Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 30 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound 93% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 8 corn tostadas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until golden. Add chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sirloin; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add stock and salt; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat. Divide beef mixture evenly among tostadas; top evenly with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Combine rice, cilantro, and juice in a medium bowl. Serve with tostadas.
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Spicy Ground Beef Tostada Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.