Food Recipe | Easy Worlds Best Lasagna Recipe – This was my first time having the courage to make lasagna. This is delicious and super cheesy just like I like it the only thing I changed was to put mushrooms in the sauce as well. I thought the noodle hack was great as I was not looking forward to wrangling big lasagna noodles without them sticking together and ripping. My Friends loved it. Enjoy!
Easy Worlds Best Lasagna Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
50 Minutes 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce can) tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz can) tomato sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (divided)
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound deli sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces. Add in onion and garlic and cook until meat is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, fresh basil, fennel, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and ¼ cup chopped parsley. Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Pour hot tap water directly over the noodles, making sure the pasta is completely immersed in the water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain and discard water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a deep 9×13 pan.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 4 noodles on top. Spread with ⅓ of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with ¼ of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1½ cups meat sauce over mozzarella, then sprinkle with ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Repeat layering two more times to create three complete layers. To finish, place a final layer of pasta, topped with another 1 cup of meat sauce to cover the pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes to allow cheese to brown. Serve hot.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Easy Worlds Best Lasagna Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.