Food Recipe | Homemade Barilla No Boil Lasagna Recipe – I’ve used this recipe for a long time, using extra sauce, especially around the edges which carmelizes nicely, and using my meatball recipe for the meat. Barilla has changed the box recipe to something else so I’m glad someone put it on-line. As far as the recommendations to freeze it before baking, I have always baked the whole pan, and then sliced up entrée-sized chunks to freeze for a quick microwave dinner. Never noticed a lack in quality from freezing and kind of feel it’s a waste of electricity not to cook enough to freeze some for later. Delicious! Enjoy!
Homemade Barilla No Boil Lasagna Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 (9 ounce) boxbarilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage, browned
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce or 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and TWO cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- If you choose not to use the parmesan, just add more mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned meat, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained meat, 1 cup of sauce.
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- If you are using a 13X9X2 pan—just make 3 layers to avoid boiling over.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Barilla No Boil Lasagna Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.