Food Recipe | Homemade Blood Orange Margarita Recipe – Super easy and very yummy! If you use cold OJ there’s you can skip the straining the juice and tequila with the ice cubes. It will be cold enough over the ice. I got lucky because my food store had fresh blood orange juice in a carton, which is very good on its own, but excellent in this cocktail. It was very refreshing and all my wine drinking friends loved it. I am going to make it again tomorrow with pomegranate juice! Enjoy!
Homemade Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
5 Minutes 1 Minutes
- 2 ounces silver/Blanco tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 1 large blood orange, juiced)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 tiny drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Salt and brown sugar rim (use all salt if you want)
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt and/or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Mix together the salt and sugar on a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Run a wedge of lime around the top of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange and lime juice and agave nectar. If desired, add a drop of vanilla extract (don’t pour it straight from the bottle, I used the blunt end of a fork as a dropper).
- Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of blood orange, if desired.
Tip: To crush ice, put ice in large reseal able freezer plastic bag, and seal. Put on solid surface, and crush with meat mallet or rolling pin.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Blood Orange Margarita Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.