Food Recipe | Homemade Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – Move over nestle!! This is the first chocolate chip recipe I’ve used besides nestle’s. As I was beginning, I found I didn’t have enough brown sugar. I only had half a cup, so I used one cup of white sugar instead, and I substituted the molasses I would need to make it brown sugar with just under one tablespoon of maple syrup. Oh, my goodness are they amazing!! The syrup gives just a hint of an additional flavor that is amazing. I compensated for the additional liquid by adding about an 8th of a cup extra of flour. Enjoy!
Homemade Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
15 Minutes 10 Minutes
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, and then beat to blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes.
- If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, and then transfer to racks with a spatula.
- Serve warm or cool.
And that’s all for today’s recipe Homemade Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.