Food Recipe | Homemade Ground Beef Kebab Recipe – I LOVED this recipe! At first I was hype about some spices but oh man, it was heavenly! Made it the first time last summer, followed recipe to a T, came out perfect (I broiled it). My good friend loved it and wanted to make a lot, to freeze some, so she bought 6lbs of ground beef and made it. This time, due to different quantity, it was kind of dry and not as flavorful as the first time. So we’re going to make it according to this recipe and not to increase quantity. What a wonderful dinner we had! Enjoy!
Homemade Ground Beef Kebab Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
20 Minutes 8 Minutes
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 whole bunch parsley, stems removed (about 2 packed cups parsley leaves)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1 slice of bread, toasted until browned and soaked in water until fully tender
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pita bread to serve
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for about 1 hour; remove from the water when you are ready to begin. Lightly oil the grates of a gas grill and preheat it to medium high for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the pita bread and the fixings. If you plan to, make the tahini sauce from this recipe
- In a food processor, chop the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Add the beef, lamb, bread (be sure to squeeze out the water completely), and the spices. Run the processor until all is well combined forming a pasty meat mixture.
- Remove the meat mixture from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Take a fistful portion of the meat mixture and mold it on a wooden skewer. Repeat the process until you have run out of meat. For best results, make sure each kofta kebab is about 1 inch in thickness.
- Lay the skewered kebabs on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Place the kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated gas grill. Grill on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side, turn over and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the kebabs immediately with pita bread, tahini and the fixings you prepared. See suggestions for sides and related recipes.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Ground Beef Kebab Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.