Food Recipe | Homemade Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – Awesome!!! We love this soup, all I had was 2 quarts of regular chicken broth, but I went back to the store and bought one more quart of chicken stock because we like the extra liquid in our soup, the stock makes the difference. Perfect for a day you don’t want to do a lot of cooking. Enjoy!
Homemade Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Preparation time Cook time
10 Minutes 25 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 9 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (see note)
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (store bought or homemade recipe above)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- (optional) dash of poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- For the noodles: In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
- Separate and allow to air dry before cooking. For best results, let them air dry for a couple of hours but I’ve been in a rush and only let them dry 30 minutes and they were fine.
- For the soup: In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and carrots in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Pour in chicken broth and stir in noodles, basil, oregano, (optional) poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through. Serve Hot!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 408 Fat: 14.5g Saturated fat: 3.8g Carbohydrates: 39.9g Sugar: 2.8g Sodium: 154.3mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 32g Cholesterol: 72.3mg
And that’s all for today’s recipe about Homemade Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.