Food Recipe | World Best Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Ever – Saturday night is often pizza-making night for our kids, and among the standard popular features of these evenings is pizza with pesto and fresh tomatoes. I take advantage of a fantastic store-bought pesto, and, although I once made the dough inside my bread machine, I now purchase excellent dough at our local Bertucci’s restaurant and make plenty on return the freezer. The dinner is simple and easy delicious.
A pizza stone is a worthwhile investment for anyone who is partial to pizza that has a crisp crust it doesn’t droop. In this recipe we used a substantial pizza stone (about 14 inches across). But try not to despair without one; we also achieved great results if we baked the pizza on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
World Best Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Ever
Preparation time Cook time
30 Minutes 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 6 ounces grated fresh mozzarella (about 1‚ cups)
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 pound pizza dough (thawed if frozen)
- all-purpose flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- a large pizza stone (at least 14 inches across)
- a baker’s peel
- At least 1 hour before baking pizza, set stone on lowest rack of oven (if you have a gas stove, stone can go directly on oven floor) and preheat oven to 500°F.
- Coarsely grate mozzarella and cut tomatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. On a floured surface with your hands pat out and stretch dough evenly into a 12-inch round, keeping hands flat. (Do not handle dough more than necessary. If dough is sticky, dust it lightly with flour.)
- Dust baker’s peel with flour and carefully transfer inch round. Jerk peel once or twice and, if dough is sticking, lift dough and sprinkle flour underneath it, reshaping dough if necessary. Spread pesto over dough leaving a 1-inch border and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange tomato slices over cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Line up far edge of peel with far edge of stone and tilt peel, jerking it gently to start pizza moving. Once edge of pizza touches stone, quickly pull back peel to completely transfer pizza to stone. Bake pizza until dough is crisp and brown, about 10 to 12 minutes, and transfer with peel to a cutting board.
- Cut pizza into slices and serve immediately.
And that’s all for today’s recipe about World Best Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Ever, please leave some comment and let us know if you already make it at home.